how much to fit a new front door?

Rough price? I will supply door and hinges, wooden fire door, internal withing a block of flats, no letter box needed.

Reply to
FionaS

Bit more detail would be useful. Is a self closer fitted ? Does the frame or the existing door have either an intumescent strip or brush seals. Routing out a door and then fitting seals will have a significant effect on the price I would charge.

As you are acquiring the materials yourself make sure that you buy the correct rated fire door ( FD30 or FD60) and that the hinges are also fire rated. Should the door not be a standard size you need to be aware that there is only a very limited amout of timber that can be removed from a fire door without compromising its fire rating.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

thanks.

yes door hinges strip and frame are all AOK, and fire rated. It is a standard size.

Reply to
FionaS