Freezer - internal vacuum

Thanks for help. An extra benefit of such a box is its effect on people. In the long run we will get rid of "Windscale" type security. I can see that more research is needed:

Are irradiated foods still nutritious?

Those who want to know more must start by reading this book:

This work is a scientific challenge to the traditional view that

Reply to
Jo Stein

Sorry does not work, did you see the myth busters on this one? Even lethal doses for humans failed to completely kill some insects, never mind microbes. At least cold slows them down and if the insulation is good and you don't keep opening the door I doubt its that inefficient and its certainly safer!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

ITYM *not enough* air will get in in the first few minutes to equalise the pressures?

for a short while yes

or more likely it was a trendy "design feature" to lure punters...

not even your Bosch is perfectly air tight

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Equalibriate sounds better to my ears

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

Surely you mean "To my aural appendages, equalibriate is more mellifluous"?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

it is, if its anything, equilibriate, not equalibriate. As in to allow to reach equilibrium.

But most people say equalize. To make equal.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I rekon you're right. That'd be why ours has always been easy to open...

Even easier now as the freezer part won't get down to less than the fridge since I left the door open last week on a really hot day. Compressor must have run it's self to death.

:¬(

Reply to
nobody

You are George W Bush AICMFP.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Science is fun. I got the idea that the defrost heater was broken. The freezer is named: point RSF30W When broken the cooling capacity will sink as ice builds up. Only observations could prove me wrong.

I found two defrost heaters; one short at the bottom of the cooling element, and a long one wrapped around the cooling element. Observations show that the short heater is OK. More observations show that the long heater is broken.

Reply to
Jo Stein