Freezer Door seals

My upright freezer, which I bought from Bejam something over 20 years ago, has a damaged door seal. The original seal is held in by the plastic door lining, and I can't see how this comes off - maybe it is just stuck on - but I could easily remove the existing seal without much effort.

I don't fancy my chances of getting a replacement for this model, but I noticed that CPC do kits consisting of seals that you cut to size and a tube of superglue. Unfortunately I can't make head nor tail of the little diagrams they include with the description of the various types (page 2444), and it also says 'not suitable for glued inner and outer doors', which I don't understand.

Advice please.

Reply to
Chris Melluish

the CPC kit comes with 2 of the corners pre-made

  • reinforcers for corners you need to glue Also magnetic strip for doing the sealing - which is maybe where the cryptic 'glued doors' bit comes in ....the CPC seal needs a metal surface to mate to or one with a thin plastic coating - it won't mate very well to another rubber/plastic bumper type seal
Chris Oates

Hmph.... I'm trying to deal with the same thing atm, on the doors of a Hotpoint fridge freezer. The freezer door is ok, lots of self-tappers to take out and everything comes apart. The fridge door is another matter, it looks like the seal was glued onto the door, the inner plastic moulding glued onto that, and then the insulation foamed in. I think it is going to be one of those diy seals from CPC, maybe glued on, plus a ring of self-tappers.

Reply to
Tony Williams