Freesat box problem

I've got a Humax Freesat box with hard disk and it's suddenly started saying it can't get any signal.

I've tried a neighbour's box and that works fine so it would seem the problem is not with my dish or my cables.

Any ideas if this is sortable? I'm wondering if a factory reset might do it?

Reply to
Murmansk

Both inputs? I'd try a reset anyway.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

A channels add/re-tune might be sufficient, without needing a full factory reset.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Check the connectors, cable etc.

Also check dish hasn't moved or been obstructed- we've had issues with a bush growing up (our dish is low down).

Reply to
Brian Reay

He already said it was tested on another unit. If it is a retune or software issue, it kind of makes one wonder about the circumstances under which such a situation can arise. Its a bit like all these pc 'experts' who insist on a re install without actually seeing what caused the mess in the first place. You are just setting yourself up for a repeat in however long it takes. If indeed in this case some of the psu caps are aging and letting nasty rubbish through to the software part, maybe scrambling things when its bad, then this might well be the underlying cause and you are just buying time till it occurs again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What a total d*****ad.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All that money your parents wasted sending you to charm school. :)

Reply to
GB

My parents had no money.

Reply to