Freecycle query

Non food as well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The intent of the emails us to encourage more freegling, not to get data. You can turn off all emails if you wish. If you have problems doing that, contact snipped-for-privacy@ilovefreegle.org and they'll do it for you.

Reply to
Jacky

Where upon you tell them that 'someone else claiming to be you' has already collected the item :-). That'll give them something to ponder over.

Reply to
Andrew

My local authority now has a free collection service for batteries, clothes and small electrical items which they then make sure are fed into the correct recycling facilities.

Since starting in May 2021, they claim this has prevented 6.4 tonnes of small electrical items and 17 tonnes of textiles from being chucked in the green general waste bins. Also we can now dispose of batteries by bagging them up and leaving on top of either the green general waste bin or the blue recycling bin and the bin men keep them separate. This has claimed to have collected another 6.2 tonnes of batteries.

Seems rather a lot from one just one local authority though.

Reply to
Andrew

Not even wood ?. There is a wonderful wood recycling outfit in Brighton who will also collect from the local area.

Reply to
Andrew

That has to be 'proper' wood though I think, not just offcuts. And they do charge for collection. A good organisation if that fits, though.

Reply to
jkn

I found my local school's Technical & Design department were keen on pieces of proper wood , perspex etc . They even collected.

Reply to
Robert