for Tim

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were you all given numbers or alternative names?

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

So, if you wanted to specifically call my attention to something (as I believe was your intention) then the proper / sensible thing would have been to address it as:

[OT] Attn T i m

And ideally include some form of context or overview as to what the link is about.

As to the video, yes, you are right, any SiFi film / show that has the aliens pretending to be our friends yet enslaving, exploiting and / or eating us should raise some parallels.

Some here would consider that perfectly acceptable of course as long as the death was 'humane and they were 'superior beings'.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I was thy only Jim ....

I assume all Tims are you ....and all tims are Catholic ....

indeed

you are no fun at all ...

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Ah, the only pupil in your class? The others all moved on?

I thought you might.

<snip>

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I can do your sort of 'fun'. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

shame that

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...
<snip>

For you possibly because, like the other trolls here, seem to treat everyone else for your personal entertainment and pleasure (including other species), respecting no one other than yourself?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

but what can you do ...

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...
<snip>

In your case I'm not sure there is much ... but for many it's a constant effort to try to be good citizens, to be socially responsible and consider others.

For example, 'most people' look after their own rubbish but it seems some (round here but I'm sure elsewhere) need to get their rubbish out of their own houses (flats?) and DGAF what happens to it safer that.

So they stack it up near open space rubbish bins, the bags get ripped open and the contents strewn / blown everywhere. They don't even do it the day before the bins get emptied but whenever it suits *them*.

I'm not sure what's worse, a bag of used disposable nappies or some broken up furniture or double mattress? ;-(

I'm not sure if the local dump takes fridges and freezers but I'm guessing the scrap guys can't. So they get left on the pavement / communal grass for ages till someone cuts the gas pipes and takes the compressor out (defeating the object of dealing with refrigerant).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m