For the energy-savers

The NICEIC has some useful advice...

"By installing the correctly rated bulb in the fitting, the risk of damage from overheating will be stopped and the electricity bill will be prevented. "

I wonder how it does that? Mugs the postie?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That has a distinctly BabelFish flavour. Possibly originally Oriental?

'When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.'

Reply to
Joe

I bought a USB-powered fluorescent light from the Bracknell computer fair yesterday. The features on the box read as follows:

USB Computer Desk Lamp The lamps are notable in below character.

  1. Gentle ray, bright, without frequency change, benefit from preventing eyesight.
  2. By using lowest working voltage:5V, safety & reliability high efficiency, saving energy.
  3. It makes 20 times long life than normal daylight by placing exeed ages cold light tube.
  4. The lamp which not only can form a complete set with USB computer socket, but also can directly set with city power supply.
  5. Connect lampshade & lamp base in soft tube. Economic, beauty, convenience on easy handle light direction.

Oh, and the instruction manual in the box was obviously written by the same person, but I'll spare you all of that. I was almost worth the £3 just for a giggle. Having said all that, it actually works very well.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

So your eyesight hasn't been prevented!

Mary