Fooking B&Q

Looking for a bathroom basin. Want to see it before buying. Only place out of the usual suspects that looks to have what I want is B&Q. Website says available for same day click and collect at my local one, so go there to look at it. Display one fine - but says order only. Assistant confirms they don't have them there. So back home and on their website. Says free home delivery the next day - except that can be up to three. Fine - I'm not actually ready for it. So buy and pay for it. Get an SMS telling me to go to their carrier website and book a delivery slot. First one November 10th.

No wonder they've closed so many branches near here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

B&Q stock control software is truly s**te. I also checked stock levels at 7 am in store before visiting at opening time. The web site said 50+ in store - the shelf said zero stock.

Reply to
alan_m

Well it rather makes the B&Q tax pointless.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Seems a little disjointed that. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That sounds like it has a human in the loop who forgets to log sales accurately. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That's because people nick stuff.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I've had the opposite, website says branch1 only has some items I want, and branch2 has the other items I want, but neither branch has all that I want, so I set off to tour both branches, when I get to branch1 it

*does* have everything I need after all ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

As did I. They were hidden away in the over stock on a top shelf. They had to find the employee who put them away to find out where they were. So what does the employee do? Gets a set of aircraft steps & pulls one out of the pack which was damaged, then wondered why I wouldn't accept it. He then goes up & pulls a second one out. It never crossed his mind to restock the empty bay.

Reply to
wasbit

50 bags of plaster are a bit hard to sneak out of the store?
Reply to
alan_m

Maybe they didn't look hard enough.

Depending on size 50 bags is near enough a whole pallet. As well as checking out the racks above the selection bays are you sure they also looked hard enough through the racks round the back, behind the plastic curtains. As that will be where any extra stock is stored. .

In the past I've had to go round there myself, and help them find stuff.

michael adams

michael adams

Stock control software tends to be only aware of stuff that people pay for at the till. The stuff that is half-inched takes a while longer to register on the stock control computer :-(

Reply to
Andrew

Not if a bent employee is selling the stuff out of the back door. Builders were fighting over it back in April/May.

Reply to
Andrew

No plastic curtains and no "out the back" area.

Reply to
alan_m

If you've not yet found any elsewhere...

It may be a wild goose chase but if you go back and check out the racks in other aisles (yes I know if you've got a few hours to spare ) a pallet may conceivably have been put in another aisle if they didn't have enough room at the time. More especially as they don't have a back area. Of course then you/they will then have to find someone who can drive the forklift to get it down.

michael adams

michael adams