Fluidmaster

With a Fluidmaster flap valve and ballcock kit, when flushing do you need to keep you finger on the push button until the flush is complete? With this one if you take your figer off the button the flush stops. Is there an adjustment or is this the way it should be? Anyone have a Fluidmaster and how does yours operate?

Reply to
timegoesby

With the correct adjustment the flapper should float up on its own for a period determined by rotating it around its central pin. To get this to work the chain needs to be adjusted precisely and the button must not rotate in its hole as this changes the setting. Mine usually works for a while after I fiddle with it, then it stops. I think I will go back to a dual flush siphon.

Rgds Alec

Reply to
Alec

snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (timegoesby) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

The chain length is critical, it must have (almost) no slack in it to pull the valve right up.

The air in the valve will hold it up until it bubbles out, or the water leve drops to near empty.

Either cut off spare chain or tie it out of the way with a bit of gardeners wire; I found tying it in a pretty bow was unreliable.

mikje

Reply to
mike ring