Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs

Tell them to contact the local council.

Reply to
IMM

Quite, you cannot discharge anything onto a neighbours property.

Reply to
Nige

They did have a word, but the girls father is somebody high up in Council planning who got someone to look at it, decided the outlet pipes are greater then 600mm from boundary so therefore is not a problem !!!

Reply to
Ian Middleton

If the discharge from the neighbours flue causes ice to form on a footpath, doesn't this present a health and safety issue?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I recall a few years back someone here had a condensing boiler discharging condensate over their conservatory. At some point, a 4' icicle came smashing through the conservatory roof.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

AIUI that's why the current ones have a urinal style syphonic trap that discharges a whole load of water in one go rather than a drip, drip, drip which is liable to freeze up.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

replying to Andy, Hydeprak wrote: I have a similar issue. Building Control advised that it is not their issue. Building Control said take it up with the gas registered engineer who installed it. Gas Safe have guidelines for flume installation and that is what they are, guidelines not regulations. They say in their document that their guidelines can not be enforced. Therefore, it seems, people are free to place pipes over other peoples boundary so long as the gas pipes have been fitted by a gas registered engineer and the council will say all is ok. The only way is go through the courts either on a nuisance case, trespass or inability to build on your own land. Costly and no guarantee the pipes will be moved. Such a weird system. Building regulations and Gas safe have no powers where a flume is placed. Build Control Officer don't want to get involved in boundary disputes. My point is should nt they not allow people to place pipes on private land? how is that safe? When someone wants to build on their own land all adjacent pipes that emit fumes and steam will hit the boundary wall. Confused and perplexed. I would never do this to anyone. Its so petty.

Reply to
Hydeprak

replying to tony sayer, Hydeprak wrote: Building control will not get involved in boundary disputes although they are more than happy to let pipes overhang private property. Weird.

Reply to
Hydeprak

Would you not ask the neighbours? After all its polite is it not? I used to go for long walks, but to get to the fields here was a public footpath alongside some new build housing. One day, I hit my head on something, and it was a pipe, with a kind of baffle over it poking out of the side wall of the house on the end.It was obviously a flue of some kind. I pointed it out to the council. What did they do? Got the homeowner to paint it bright yellow. What can one say? Bah Humbug. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)