Fixing specs for tiles

I'm about to retile a 17.5 degree roof, quite possibly in Marley Modern. The fixing spec for these seems to say that *every* tile needs to be clipped, which begs the question - how do you replace any of them if they crack? The old tiles (Redland Delta's) were only clipped on the verges and nowhere else - mind you, that might be why 10% of them were cracked!

Before you ask why I don't just get new Redland's, a) they don't make them anymore though they are available on eBay, b) they don't have nail holes and I can't find eaves clips for them, c) if I use something different on the garage then I'll have enough left over to replace all the cracked ones on the house and make a few bob on eBay with the rest to defray costs.

Reply to
Nutkey

If you use marley mods, you just nail every third row, ignore the bullshit on the data sheets. Marley mods have nail holes, so if you need to replace a broken one that has been nailed, you slide the one above it upwards, and wrangle it out and replace and re-nail.

Also, if you are going to the expense of re-roofing the entire thing, don't scrimp on the wooden beam mentioned in your earlier post, take it out and replace with new, well treated timber, locate the cause of the rotting of the original and don't forget to treat the end-grain with a good soaking in a quality preservative, I usually leave timbers standing in a shallow tub of preserver overnight if they are as important as this.

Reply to
Phil L