fixing bolt for euro lock

Anyone know a supplier for the fixing bolt for a euro lock, thats the one that goes in from the side of the open door to hold the lock in place. The one I have has a knackered head but it is longer than normal length, tried google etc but cant find anything.

Reply to
ss

They are nothing special. M5 x 0.8 countersunk or raised countersunk heads x whatever length you need. any fixings supplier or ebay will sort you out. Search for what it is not the function of it.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I doubt whether it's anything special. Just work out the spec[1], and then go to someone who sells bolts. I don't think there is a "normal" length for a bolt - they come in all sorts of lengths! Measure its length and diameter, and note the type of head. If you can measure the thread pitch and identify the thread, so much the better - but it's almost certainly metric.

[1] Something like M5 x 50 CSK? [5mm diameter metric thread, 50mm long with a countersunk head - that's a pure guess, but it will be something like that.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Pop into a local locksmith. Not a Key cutting place, a proper locksmith.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks all I have found it on ebay thanks to the info posted.

Reply to
ss