Fix leaking plastic kettle window

Our kettle is leaking. It has plastic windows on two sides and one side always faces the window. It seems to have "frosted" and is leaking from the seam with the kettle body.

It's only a slight seeping but annoying nonetheless.

What can I use to seal it that is non-toxic? Or if I seal it from the outside would it matter?

I'm reluctant to push the plastic out and re-fix it for fear of causing more damage.

The other window is nice and clear and the kettle is othewise working well.

Reply to
AnthonyL

silicone, you can get different grades of it. Sealing from the outside usually doesn't work. There is another way to seal kettles: do nothing. In time scale fixes it.

that probably is the solution though.

Reply to
Animal

Dry it. Carefully laid and layered sellotape.

Has lasted us 3 years so far.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

superglue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've sealed something like that with silicone from the outside. It doesn't look great, but doing it on the outside means there's practically no risk (I hope!) of something nasty leaching into the kettle water.

Reply to
GB