Cooker hood replacement clear plastic 'window'

I have a cooker hood with filter and fan (Westinghouse). It's about 14 years old and I cannot find a replacement for the plastic window at the base which allows light from two bulbs to shine on the hob. It is deteriorating each time I clean it, but I cannot locate a replacement. Has anybody produced a modification using some form of clear plastic. It must seal the aperture.
--
Jim S

Jim_S wrote:

I don't know about a replacement window, but if the deterioration is caused by the heat from the bulbs, maybe you could use cool bulbs, like LEDs?
On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 10:10:09 UTC, Jim_S wrote:

Clear flat acrylic/perspex should do.
NT

Or polycarbonate. Stuck in place with silicone.