Fitting Roller Blinds

Got a new roller blind for the lounge, the tube on the old one was much too small and finally collapsed.

The brackets are top fix or side fix, I went for side fix. Marked the holes then realised there was no way the electric drill (or the battery drill) would let me drill holes about 0.25" from the top of the window recess, just under 1" was the minimum.

I went for that but it looks odd with the top of the bracket about 0.25" below the top of the window recess.

Is there a trick to this, apart from sawing the top of the bracket of so it doesn't show?

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Yes. Don't use an electric drill directly Right angle and flexi drives...

or a very long drill

e.g.

The Natural Philosopher

Use a drill bit with a hex shank, and a flexible connection to the drill so that the chuck and drill body don't get in the way.

Examples:

Roger Mills

a longer drill bit?

Reply to
charles

Are you fixing to the window frame or masonry? If fixing to the frame then use gashed screws that don't need a pilot and a long screwdriver bit.

Reply to
nothanks

Get a right-angle drill bit?

Andy Burns

You had me there for a minute :-)

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Many thanks for all the input. Strikes me they need to re-design the brackets so you can fix them through screw holes at the bottom perhaps.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines