fitting a butler sink in my garage

I'm fitting a butler sink but due to space restrictions the sink will go hard against the wall and taps at the end. Just questioning which is the best end? the one closest to the overflow and plug or do I turn the sink 180 degrees so its the other end? this would mean its closed to the waste outlet

Reply to
Paul

With those options, logic would put the taps at the opposite end from the plug hole. That way, any muck in the bottom of the sink has a greater tendency to be flushed away without having to sweep the water around with your hand (or other implement), or having to direct the water jet (if you have a hose/spray head arrangement, which I would recommend).

Bill.

Reply to
bill.shitner

I agree that seems to make sense. But when I had one, it had been fitted with taps and drain at same end.

I suggest you think about how you are going to use it. Things like using a washing-up bowl, running water until it gets hot, etc.

I also suggest considering one of the pipe-overflow type of plugs.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Paul <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com Wrote in message:

Your choice! Put it where YOU want it. Can't see that practically it makes much difference.

Whichever end you put it though, if you have a significant other, they'll want it at the other end. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+