Butler sink with tap hole at the side.

I'm looking for a rectangular sink for a futility room/downstairs bog, but one with a hole for a tap, two holes would do too. However, I'd like the tap(s) at the side.

It'll be in a corner, so the tap side would be against a wall, but that form factor would fit nicely and give plenty of clearance for the bog in front of it. I can't mount the tap on the wall, or rather, it would be

*a lot* of extra trouble.

Are my sink dreams sunk?

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Am 08.07.2022 um 17:08 schrieb Clive Arthur:

What size of the sink?

This one ist very small and the vendor is in germany. So just for a proof, that such a sink does exist.

Matthias Czech

no butler's sink I have seen has any surround for taps.

Reply to
charles

Ah yes, I had seen that, thanks. I'm looking for 600mm x 450mm or so which seems to be quite a common sink size.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

It also looks like the type of "designer" sink that would direct the water straight up the opposite curved slope if the tap is turned to full.

Reply to
alan_m

You mean there are basins and tap designs that actually don't do that in the uk... Grin. Its OK in my bathroom, since its just a header fed tap, but if it were mains, well.

Maybe he needs a square one as you just turn it sideways. I have seen some very small basins in some toilets in shops, so they have to exist, or existed in the past. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This is very good example of bad design. It's looks over function. It's not a butler sink but a modern design where the bottom of the basin is semicircular with the curve starting at the top one side and ending at the top on the other side. They show it with a horrendous square blocky tap where the outlet is angled forward which may overcome some of the problem but I guess most people would opt for a tap that looks better and has a more conventional downward pointing output spout.

Where I once worked they refurbished the toilets and the basins fitted were of those half sphere type that sat on top of the work surface. Turn the tap on a bit too fast and you left the toilet looking as if you had had an accident whilst standing in front of the urinal. At the end of the day there was more water on the work surface and floor than had gone down the plug holes :)

Friends of mine fitted a miniature corner sink in a downstairs toilet but had the common sense to include service valves in the water supply which were adjusted to throttle back the water flow.

Reply to
alan_m

More examples that're close but no cigar

Andy Burns

We have the same here. Our bathroom washbasin is a perfectly good design, but our tap exits horizontally forward through an open-topped channel. Hot is no problem, but the mains fed cold needed a slight tweak on the service valve to *just* throttle it a little.

Reply to
SteveW

Quite. But you might be able to buy a similar sized one which does. But not called a butler sink.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News