Fish and Chips - How come?

Well that is guaranteed to add a premium onto their prices, plus the one that is going to give and give for ages, "Lockdown recovery surcharge"

Reply to
Andrew
<snip>

I know all about when it goes wrong and the problem is nothing to do with the equipment (other than how it decimates fish numbers, impacts other wildlife species, destroys habitat and causes all the *extra* unnecessary death from 'bycatch').

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Try other F&C shops in Whitby other than the ones a tourist uses thinking it must be the best.

Bit like visitors to London thinking beer costs £12 a pint...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I'd expect *lots* of (batter) scraps in a F&C shop ;-)

Reply to
NY

FYPFY YVW

Reply to
Richard

Tourist areas The rents are high They have to factor in out of season costs and make their money while the sun shines ! I suspect the quality is often better or more reliable away from the tourist areas as they rely on repeat visits from local regulars.

Reply to
Robert

never mind fish and chips going up, the whole of the shop population has decided we all have to pay for their misfortune because of covid.Prices are going through the roof everywhere, typical British rip off attitude, leg of lamb will now cost from £17.00 to £33.00. Why?

Reply to
critcher

With BS?

So, why are UK fishing boats sailing a fair distance to land their catch rather than landing it in the UK?

Or are you jealous that I have an idea but you don't?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

Do I envy your version of reality? No.

Reply to
Richard

Because it tastes better if you eat it with a view of the sea, apparently.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

So it looks like you were right and I do know it all (well, in comparison to you anyway (low hanging fruit I know but I'll take it when I can). ;-)

Ooooh, I can answer that, 'yes', (because it *is* reality)?

Hey, I was right! (IFYPFY)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Reply to
Richard
<snip>

In that case I should be very flattered by all the (other) trolls. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

So Brian gets a discount?

Reply to
ARW

Andrew

I saw that

and I though WTF is he complaining about

13.50 for F&C in a London restaurant is hardly extortionate

though if the picture was actually of what was served up (rather than some random stock picture that the newspaper already had) I thought the portion of chips and peas was miserly

Reply to
tim...

Not in a restaurant, but delivered, so likely deliveroo etc fees involved.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, but the chips would be hand crafted, and the peas organic.

Reply to
Bob Eager

in */Ilford/*?

Reply to
Robin

I've seen "National No Diet Day" and "National Eat What You Want Day" on some chippy websites.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname