Fish and Chips - How come?

Ah, but surely they are cheaper there. Or are they?

Reply to
Bob Eager

In Ilford, only the women are cheap

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ilford's nearest Waitrose is 6 miles away - which in London is a *long* way :)

Reply to
Robin

I appreciate that it later on says "to be delivered"

so, is that from the "pricey London restaurant" in para 1 or from the local chippy?

Reply to
tim...

been to the deliveroo website

and locally F&C is not an available search option

but if I go to the local shop then it says "deliveroo orders" click here. Go Figure!

Delivery is free if you order more than 15 pounds of food

But you are right, the shop prices seem to have been hiked to allow for the deliveroo percentage (30% I understand)

10 pound for F&C, plus 2.50 for mushy peas

I don't recall the walk in prices being that high last time I was there.

and paying 2.50 for Mushy peas is simply a laziness charge. You can buy a tin in the supermarket for 30p and they take seconds to microwave.

Reply to
tim...

Beware, that risks the criticism that you just don't understand the way poor people can't afford to tie up their money in tins of peas just in case they decide to order fish and chips. I kid you not.

Reply to
Robin

Just watched last nights program on teaching people to spend less of food

and this weeks couple spent 35 pounds per day feeding a family of 5 with supermarket food (not including school dinners)

FFS!

tim

Reply to
tim...

Our local take-away offers mushy peas as a FREE extra

Reply to
charles

Andrew

The triple-cooked chips, meticulously made over a two-day process, arrive at your table piping hot, golden, and shimmering with sea salt. Choose to pair yours with caviar and crème fraiche, lobster thermidor, or homemade Matson curry sauce and cheese in a nod to Kerridge?s local chip shop around the corner from where he grew up. There?s also deep-fried cockle popcorn reminiscent of the seaside favourite and perfect for dipping, and a vegan samosa created with friend and fellow chef Sat Bains.

The picture shows SIX chips.

At least that means there's plenty of room for pud, although I suspect that's not included in the £35.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

£2.50 near here (at least until early 2020 - I can't speak for the current price list).
Reply to
JNugent

I hated pease pudding as a kid

Never tried it since

Reply to
tim...

TBH the fish looks like it has got less protein than a thalidomides arms.

Reply to
ARW

You have a lovely original turn of phrase Adam.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright