fireplace hearth

Morning all

We have an inset gas fire with a tiled hearth. I don't like the colour of the hearth and want to change it but it's going to be difficult to replace the tiles without taking the gas fire out and replacing (an expensive business since it's not long been fitted). Would it be safe to paint the hearth and if so what type of paint should I use? bearing in mind it's near a fire and also needs to be very tough finish so that it doesn't get chipped or scratched.

TIA

Lu

Reply to
lulu

Radiator paint? Bath enamel? Several types of enamel might do come to think of it - but I'd have the lot out and replace the tiles. We did, it's worth it. Painted tiles aren't really satisfactory.

Why is removing the fire expensive?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Have to pay the corgi fitter a 2nd time.....

Reply to
lulu

Hmm. This is a DIY ng ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LOL Mary!....shucks I knew that!....painting the hearth would be DIY....but taking out and re-installing a gas fire should be done by corgi fitters

Lu

Reply to
lulu

rubbish. sorry, but all you need is a competent person.

RT

Reply to
[news]

I know. Shhhhhhhhhhh ..........