Filling Tumble Dryer Vent

Hi Folks

I need to fill an old what I assume is a tumble dryer vent. the hole goes all the way through a brick and stone wall. The hole is about

8inches in diameter and lets a lot of cold air in! What's the best way to fill this, sand and cement? I heard that stuffing newspaper in and then cement would work ok?

Cheers

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Expanding PU foam then render?

Reply to
Reentrant

Assuming its not a cavity wall, e.g a gap between inner & outer wall, then Expanding Foam is your best bet

completely dry/cured it can be cut flush with the wall & painted.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Great thanks all, expanding foam it is then

Cheers

AJ

Reply to
AJ