Any experience of Bosch Tyrannosaw or DeWalt Alliigator Saw.

Folks,

e.g.

anyone used either of these saws? What are the pros and cons compared to conventional reciprocating saws?

I intend to use them to cut up scrap wood for the woodburner after deciding that a chainsaw is OTT and too dangerous. The primary problem is that the scrap wood can be full of fasteners - obviously one tries to avoid them but I don't see them all.

TIA - Adam

Reply to
Adam Lipscombe

alas no.

Can't tell you the pros (other than I would expect less vibration from the dewalt since it has two counter oscillating blades). One obvious con though is you are locked in to their blades rather than being able to buy any off the shelf recip saw blade.

Hence my concern over blades... having said that you can probably get demolition blades that cut metal and wood.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've used the Black and Decker branded version of the DeWalt Alligator saw (no relation of the current Black and Decker Alligator).

With the tungsten carbide tipped teeth it will go through the occasional rusty nail without you even noticing. A lot slower than a chainsaw, but a lot safer for scrap wood (and less waste).

Reply to
Alan Braggins