FCU in bathroom

Pretty much so. The full list of notifiable works is here

ARW

Buying a prawn ring?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

GIFFS?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Shirley everyone knows what a de hum is?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's still not subtle enough. You might just as well have used "GI4FS". :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

Air freshener?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That reminds me I never got around to asking if whoever drafted that in the terms "the replacement of a consumer unit" was providing for pedantic DIY-ers to *add* a new consumer unit; to transfer to it all but, say, one lighting circuit; and so not to replace a CU and not need a building notice etc ;)

Reply to
Robin

Legal wise DIY electrical work is a no no in Australia, but you can buy all the stuff needed in the supermarket or hardware without a license so people do there own everywhere.(same with plumbing which is also supposed to be a no no).

Reply to
F Murtz

A v. large 4x4 on Jamaica?

Reply to
PeterC

That's what I guessed also, but it seems it means dehumidifier.

Reply to
Dave W

What's happened is people think electricity is somehow different to what it use to be. If anything it's SAFER because of ELCBs etc, so there is no need to tighten up where we put sockets.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It's meant to be somewhere CHEAP to spend a night on a journey, not a luxury hotel. If you want that, find a hotel. Myself I have no problem sleeping in the car.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The Aussies are a more logical race and aren't little scaredy-pants like the Brits. IF you've got an ELCB, you can't hurt yourself even if it was IN the bath!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I bought a motorised barbecue cleaner from Australia once, it was pathetic.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It tends to be the bathroom where you've washed your hair, and where the mirror is!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You're being far too sensible.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Why do you have a house with only one toilet?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

What, so technically I have to notify the council when I stick a shaver socket in my own bathroom?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I thought it was a fused CONSUMER unit?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Nah, they'll just think you misspelt GIFS, as in a picture format.

Reply to
Uncle Peter