faulty speed camera

What is a vehicle with a high flat rear/

Reply to
fred

Van SUV (some) People Carrier (many) Caravan Motor Home

Reply to
Davidm

Luton body van, 7.5 tonner or HGV with a box body or box body trailer come to mind.

Reply to
nightjar

I like this from the police explanation: <q>

Police were keen to stress that the issue wasn't with the cameras themselves but the signal the camera emits which comes back to them and that is where the misreading occurs. </q>

Reply to
Richard

A van? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Mustang fastback ?...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Gatsos certainly don't need to "see" a vertical flat surface at the rear of a vehicle to malfunction.

Although it was a few years ago, while I was still working, I have been "flashed" at least twice by the Gatso visible in the Streetview URL shown below (A23 northbound out of Brighton, opposite Preston Park). Each time, I was doing less than the 30mph speed limit and was neither following nor followed by another vehicle which could have triggered the camera.

I tend to the belief that the "safety partnership" operating there has the same noted antipathy to car use as the local authority and which is instantly detectable to anyone unfortunate enough to need to visit the place on business.

Of course, I never heard anything from those responsible for the malfunction. Presumably, they think it acceptable to cause worry and distress for no reason whatsoever and to issue no apologies.

<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8373181,-0.1450974,3a,75y,300.73h,74.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sX5c9HzH_xVe4CxOEK91Rzw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB>
Reply to
JNugent

I used to work there! (the building next to the NatWest one)

Reply to
jkn

Commiserations.

I only had to go to the place now and then.

Reply to
JNugent

I used that road many, many times when I was a teenager and a bit beyond.

Only got caught out by a police car once, and they just told me not to do it again. Probably helped that I worked in a garage at Patcham and they knew me, and I was in uniform...

Once we had a robbery and they took me down to the station to look at mugshots. We were doing 80mph in one of their souped up Morris Minors at the point in this photo! (it was late at night)

Reply to
Bob Eager