Facemask

I stopped a spraying job today as the mist was getting in my face .... realised I need to buy a mask.

Whenever I have bought disposables .. not been too impressed with them.

Are the 'newer' breed of disposables better - as they now have exhalation valves fitted. If so any type performing better? a P2 would suffice.

I occasionally work on MDF or fibreglass ... so another option could be a 1/2 face mask with replaceable filters .... anybody got a recommendation ?

I only need to use a few times a year - so don't want something built for all day every day use.

Reply to
rick

In message , rick writes

The dsipopable shaped ones with valaves are better i think, but I still don't like them, and as I wear glasses, something that tends not to mist them up helps.

I now use a 1/2 mask with replaceable filters, in my case a JSP Force 8.

Comfortable (as much as these things ever are) , seals well, doesn't mist my glasses,.

Reply to
Chris French

Thnx ... misting of specs is a pain

Reply to
rick

The 3M half face masks for particulates and vapours. They do a "disposable" one good for 30 days of continuous use (they last much longer with intermittent use), fit very well and will completely block both dust and fumes.

Reply to
John Rumm

Any recommendations for those of us with a beard (apart from shave it off, which I have been considering for a few years now)?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

I have a beard a lot of the time - (it comes and goes depending on my mood.) Though not big and bushy

The JSP one I linked to seems to work fine (only used it dust, not fumes though)

Reply to
Chris French

One of the powered cap style filtered visors may be the only way to cope with that - Trend airshield etc...

Reply to
John Rumm