External PIR detectors

Has anyone any recommendations for PIR's suitable for external mounting, wireless if possible but wired would do at a pinch?

Just need low voltage low current contacts, something with a decent IP rating, that is genuinely built to last, doesn't false trigger with small wildlife, cats etc, a range up to say 10m, 90 deg of coverage, doesn't look like it was slapped together in a chinese sweatshop, isn't too 'modern' looking, nor retro naff (SWMBO dictated a number of these 'requirements')

Saw these at CPC

too plasticky but they led me to the manufacturers website

a bit better construction but chrome and silver zinc would be a bit too modern so possibly tempted to buy a few and have them powder coated in a restrained colour.

Any other suggestions for manufacturers & suppliers?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Hi There are plenty out there it depends on what you want,for a cheep and cheerful job buy a cheep external spot light with pir for around £10 and use the pir. For a more reliable system look at the Risco wireless series :-

cooper menviers site. IIR their Scantronics 455mg comes in brass for a price! Both do wired or radio systems. Or for stand alone units try Satchwell. HTH CJ

Has anyone any recommendations for PIR's suitable for external mounting, wireless if possible but wired would do at a pinch?

Just need low voltage low current contacts, something with a decent IP rating, that is genuinely built to last, doesn't false trigger with small wildlife, cats etc, a range up to say 10m, 90 deg of coverage, doesn't look like it was slapped together in a chinese sweatshop, isn't too 'modern' looking, nor retro naff (SWMBO dictated a number of these 'requirements')

Saw these at CPC

too plasticky but they led me to the manufacturers website

a bit better construction but chrome and silver zinc would be a bit too modern so possibly tempted to buy a few and have them powder coated in a restrained colour.

Any other suggestions for manufacturers & suppliers?

Reply to
CJ

I have only one thing to say about GJD detectors and their systems. They are the best I have ever fitted. As for pet immune versions I have no idea.

Reply to
ARW

These caught my eye a while back when I was looking for 12v system:

WeeBob

They worked in our last house which had a burglar alarm and we had cats and a dog. The animals never set off the alarm.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan