Best choice for PIR's

I need to source some external PIR detectors, I am looking for good quality ones, the problem being that I want units that can be fitted at Eaves level, angled to protect around house. i.e. between 3m and 4.5m above ground level.

Anybody got any recommendation ?

Also should I go for plain PIR or combined PIR & microwave movement detectors ?

I will also be looking for the same for internal sensors - in case you have any recommendations for those as well - ceiling & wall mounted types needed.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

What are the external PIR's switching, or are they for intruder detection ?

There is an Optex BX 80 N external PIR for intruder detection, but not for light switching service. In fact, the whole Optex website is worth a visit.

?

Pyronix also do great PIR and dual tech detectors, so their site is also worth a visit.

A web search for external intruder detection should throw up a good few sites for you to wonder through.

For internal PIR's, the best I've seen are the Texecom RF 360 units. We've actually recommended them on a few of our own jobs now and have had no problems with at all, not even teething troubles. But for wall mounting you can't beat the Astra Micra DualTech. It fits in with any decor' because of its shape and size.

Reply to
BigWallop

Ooops should have said - they are intruder detection - so standard 12V alarm types, will be hooking up to Comfort alarm/home control system.

I will do a search for these (unless you know conatct details) I have already sent for Pyronix & Optex prodcut data.

Reply to
Rick Hughes