Ex apprentices

Does anyone want to know what they get up to when they leave us?

Reply to
ARW

From what you've often recounted, maybe you should check the "Darwin Award" winners list each year...

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Reply to
Richard

but seriously, I suppose they start up their own electrician for hire businesses.

Reply to
Richard

Yes

But of their own doing. Nothing to do with what I have taught them.

Reply to
ARW

I know two of them that have. Top lads. I still stay in touch with them and help them out if needed.

Reply to
ARW

Well they probably need therapy or maybe sue you for deformation? :-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Actually true apprentices stay and learn and then take over the jobs of those who retire. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, because I don't want to eat at that kebab shop.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I had Worcester Bosch's engineer out today to change a heat exchanger unit. He was a marvel to watch. Very methodical, careful, and scarcely a single wrong move.

The entire job was done in 65 minutes from when he stepped out of his van (at 8AM) to when he got back in again. That included checking the problem was not the expansion vessel, fitting the new heat exchanger, and testing the boiler.

Reply to
GB

The point about training your successor is so that you can be promoted.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That sounds very twisted.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't think he's reached the stage of racking them :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Slightly OT, but I see you doing something similar:

Richard

Although if you are a sub contractor, then it might be so they can not bother to renew your contract ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Saw one woken up at a farm last week. He was asleep in his car so one of the lads put a bird scarer banger on the roof of the car.

Reply to
ARW

Nice.

Reply to
Richard

Well these two (both just qualified) decided the grass was greener on the other side and took a job with another company. A job that means working away.

So this is their first night away together working for the new company.

Imagine a twin bedroom and two young lads in a new town. What could possibly go wrong?

I'll call them D and J.

D decides that he wants to go out, J decides that he wants to go to bed.

At 3 in the morning D arrives back at the hotel room with two women and orders J out of the room. J refuses to leave and a fight breaks out during which the hotel room is trashed.

D and women are locked up for the night, J spends the night in hospital and both J and D are fired in the morning.

It's the sort of thing that makes me smile.

Reply to
ARW

So they *did* learn something from you. ;)

Reply to
Richard

I did actually laugh out loud.

Reply to