EU survey on appliances and right to repair

Long before. I don't touch tranny Quads. I tried one once, yuck. Funny comp any, they produced some stars but also some duds. But for the IIs & ESLs th ey can be forgiven anything.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribeth thus

IEC's have been on 63's and later since they came out in 81!..

Reply to
tony sayer

ck and is soldered onto the power supply board.

Most equipment has the wire attached directly. Every power tool, washin= g machine, vacuum cleaner etc. There is no advantage to have the cord r= emovable.

-- =

Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It=E2=80=99s your flipping plane!"

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I know I save money. You lot can throw yours away if you wish. Gotta k= eep Bang and Olufsen in business....

-- =

Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle= age.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ote:

Of course, and I'm always surprised when people don't.

-- =

A teacher wanted to teach her students about self-esteem, so she asked a= nyone who thought they were stupid to stand up. One kid stood up and the= teacher was surprised. She didn=E2=80=99t think anyone would stand up s= o she asked him, =E2=80=9CWhy did you stand up?=E2=80=9D He answered, =E2= =80=9CI didn=E2=80=99t want to leave you standing up by yourself.=E2=80=9D=

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

How very 20th Century of you. All the kids use their smart phones. And they use them instead of mirrors, too.

Reply to
Max Demian

A £30 watch does the trick for me. And the battery lasts several years.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Let me see, a watch that's on my wrist and I can view with f*ck all movement, and the battery lasts for years, or a phone I have to get out of my pocket, and can't be bothered carrying around everywhere I go, and fails as soon as I get it wet, and needs recharging every bloody day. No thanks, I'll stick to the device 20 times smaller. Use the device suited to the application. Watch for telling ther time, phone for calling and texting, computer for emailing and browsing the web. Sure, you CAN do them all on a phone, but only if you really really have to....

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

1 million times longer than a bloody Iphone. FFS Apple just make it twi= ce as thick with a bigger battery, PLEASE!

-- =

Little Sally came home from school with a smile on her face, and told he= r mother, "Frankie Brown showed me his penis today at the playground!" B= efore the mother could raise a concern, "Sally went on to say, "It remin= ded me of a peanut." Relaxing with a hidden smile, Sally's mum asked, "R= eally small, was it?" Sally replied, "No, salty." Mum fainted.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Well lets face it if you just want something that produces sound, a wife will do, and that costs millions.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Gold RCA jacks have some justification.

I have personally seen on a test rig what a corroded silver to silver contact could do to distortion. Chrome plated RCA however rather than zinc is probaly just fine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hope you've got something better than the Quad II preamp, unless you like hiss. ;-)

Many many years ago had a pal who (rightly) loved his 57s. But ended up with a Sugden Class A power amp driving them. And had 15" sub mounted in a unused fireplace.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm sure they sound perfect to you too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True. The only thing that matters, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please list your entire sound system with prices. To prove you spent 200 quid maximum for it all.

Or were you just trying to fool yourself?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But you can't change the station on that.

-- =

The "new labour" government has just announced that they are changing th= eir party emblem from a red rose to a condom, as they believe it most ac= curately represents the governments political stance. A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next gen= eration, protects a bunch of pricks and gives you a false sense of secur= ity when you're actually being screwed.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I've never seen any contact corroded. Just how damp is it where you live?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

they do their intended job.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Of course it is, money makes the world go round.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

What is it you're asking/suggesting? Do you believe I paid more than =A3=

200?

-- =

Don't take life so seriously, it's not permanent.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife