Enough water for a good shower?

Last few weeks were a good bit colder than last summer. IIRC though, last summer you didn't need a shower, the garden was quite wet enough...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I just know that this figure is wrong by dead reckoning. The site quotes that flow rate but does not quote the temperature rise.

41.4kW on 25 litre/minute is a about 24C rise (so just about achievable for a warm not hot shower in summer).

The power require for 48C at 25 l/min is 83.6kw

Reply to
Ed Sirett

So not a BAD guess eh?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please eff of off as you are total idiotic plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Making as much sense as usual.

Isn't it time you went back into rehab?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff of off as you are total idiotic plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh dear - you should have sobered up by now. Seek help. Urgently.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are total idiotic plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How do you measure the pressure?

My experience with combi boilers and showers is that you MUST have a thermostatic shower. Also, most thermostatics will always mix in a little bit of cold, in which case to get the output temperature right it is the temperature of the hot which is important, not its flow rate. You should aim to have hot water being delivered to the shower at least 10 degrees higher than you want to be output from it.

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina

With a pressure gauge - availabel from S/fix.

As the combi has a thermostat giving a reasonably constant DHW outlet temperature a thermostatic shower mixer is not necessary. The prime point in a mixer on a mains pressure system is having an integral pressure balancing valve. Or have an external one. This ensures there is no imbalance of pressure and that scalding is not experienced when other taps are turned on.

Also on mains pressure system it is important to "balance" the hot and cold outlets. E,g., a dishwasher does not need full flow. It doesn't mater is it fills up twice as long. In a mains pressure system the shower is priority. That gets the flow and pressure over other outlets. Unfortunately the wrong mixers are invariably fitted and the system never balanced giving combis a bad name - poor installation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

My combi fed shower (& Mira 415 mixer) would struggle in the winter when the incoming cold was really cold. It was delivering 12 litres a minute. I obtained a flow restrictor from Mira which reduced the flow to 9 litres / min - the shower is really hot in the winter now.

Incidentally - you could have a high pressure - and a poor flow!

Reply to
John

That is when hot and cold water system balancing is important.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel