Energy saving lamps

There are tube cameras still being used? I've not seen one in use for more than 10 years.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds like they were shooting nighttime stuff. You don't want shafts of daylight spoiling that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Gosh, I'm so impressed ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What about space wasters like Hilary Benn?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dunno, but I didn't know how old the initial report was either.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

And they could have insisted on giving everybody a compulsory dose of Minadex, and Senna Pods, plus "Metatone", plus " Robbilene? malt and bone marrow extract (yum) "

Oh, I forgot the "Rose Hip Syrup" which everybody knows you put on rice pudding. :-(((( (School Dinners).

Hey, just a minute, at the back of my brain something from 1953 rings a bell ...

You are correct in the sense of the requirements for dietary health. Ideally we wouldn't go from feast to famine, or the reverse. If that happens continually it's worse than either state on it's own

I do see where you are coming from but I do think we don't want to be behoven to either Tate and Lyle or the government for access to proper food. It's a freedom they should have. I wouldn't necessarily exclude white refined sugar from the category of proper food. How you get the masses to use it sensibly I don't know. That's something else.

Well I'd say it's "as -well as", rather than " instead of", and then there's "Education".

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

I presume that the guvmint will replace my bedside lamp, which will only take 'high energy' 25 or 40W candle lamps in its three fluted glass shades. Or do I have to send it to landfill to cause other problems for 'society'? HMG probably assumes (or more likely doesn't think at all) that all electrical appliances must be replaced every year or so.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I am waiting for the army of bureaucrats that will be needed to distinguish light bulbs from heaters, work out what exceptions are acceptable, to police the borders and make sure that no one is smuggling in bulbs (unless for personal use) etc. It will probably get its own (failed) IT system.

Reply to
John Rumm

Virol?

The sugar lobby has always been strong in one form or another.

Nowadays it supports the "low fat" bandwagon currently espoused by the government and the food industry. If one looks at the contents of most of the prepared "low fat" products, the fat content is replaced with sugar in one form or another.

What becomes of excess sugar in the body?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Their attitude is similar to their provision of *everything* nowadays.

Reply to
Huge

I loved Virol and Angiers Emulsion and rose hip syrup - I still make rose hip syrup. Diluted and with ice it's very refreshing in summer, it's great drizzled on any pudding.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Philips is good too. The unbranded ones dont last so well

Reply to
Wayne

The proper stuff's not bad. The school dinner version however ...

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

see:

A bit expensive but worth it in my opinion

We've had the new range of FULLY Dimmable and Switch Dimmable in for over a month now and have had great response from our customers with regards to the start up time of these lamps and their immediate brightness. Have a look at

more information.

Reply to
sales

see:

> A bit expensive but worth it in my opinion

I'll post a full report right here. ;-)

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Do you think that used to say that last century? Time to start hoarding this gas mantle methinks.

Reply to
Jason

:-)

In our experience mantles aren't difficult to get in the two sizes we use. The problem is the part which holds the mantles on one of our lamps. They're not all the same.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher