End feed street elbow into cuprofit

Can you push the male end of an endfeed street elbow into a cuprofit pushfit connector?

I suspect that the endfeed connector isn't long enough.

Another question...are very tight bends a problem in radiator circuits? Will they create a noisy system? I want to have a 22mm pipe that doubles back on itself. Can I create this with two elbows or should I use a preformed return bend like BES 7982?

TIA

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

In article , Mr Fizzion writes

Just measured the straight length 'wanted' on a speedfit (not cuprofit) and that was 30mm so it doesn't look promising.

Think you're right & it might work at first then leak later (bad). I'd be happier if it could be shown that there would be say 5mm of copper after the O-ring but not otherwise, also is the surface of the street bend absolutely smooth like the pipe is, would the O-ring seal as effectively?

I'm sure there's a good reason for the doubling back so I won't ask ;-). If it was in the primary circuit where virtually all the flow was passing then I'd avoid using tight bends as you can get noise & I've seen funny oscillating pressure fluctuations in a system with tight bends and Ts close to the boiler that I put down to the abrupt transitions. Those return bends are a bit steep (didn't look this time) so I did any required on mine with a pipe bender; v large radius for 22mm but were accommodated ok with a bit of thought.

Ok, I'll ask, does it really need to double back . . .

Reply to
fred