Elfin Safety...

... he's heard of it.
http://cheezburger.com/7415489792
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

I'm feeling slightly sick just from looking. Never been good with heights ...
Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

He's not trying
blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

--
Cheers,

John.
On 11/05/2013 22:57, John Rumm wrote:

I am still getting my breathing back to normal - that was, ummm, pretty much unbelievable. Reminds me a bit of some of the films of skyscraper construction back in the (I guess) 1920s.
--
Rod

On 11/05/2013 23:10, polygonum wrote:

You don't fancy trying that then I guess? ;-)

Somehow seems a bit more exposed than a skyscraper!
--
Cheers,

John.
On 12/05/2013 00:45, John Rumm wrote:

It does - but the ones where people are merrily walking along entirely unprotected girders way up there, they are pretty scare-making as well.
--
Rod

I feel sick.
Alex
--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org )

On 12/05/2013 01:32, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, once you are 30' foot up, the outcome should you fall is much the same, all that changes is the time you get to contemplate your mistake. So in many respects it ought to be no worse than climbing a three section 14 rung ladder from a overall danger point of view... (assuming one ignores the whole level of fitness required thing!)
--
Cheers,

John.
On 12/05/2013 03:48, John Rumm wrote:

He belays and puts all his weight on a single rung that's welded at only one end to the tower.
I looked at ill-health insurance for a roofer that excluded accidents when working over 30 ft up. As the insurance paid out a continuous ill-health payment every week, but nothing on death, that seemed counter-productive. Very odd.

That makes good logical sense, Mr Spock. But it hasn't stopped my feet tingling.
Alex
--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org )

On 11/05/2013 10:57 PM, John Rumm wrote:

5+ seconds to click and see video on YT, 2.5 hours to get back. It's a love-hate relationship.
--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looks like an extremly safe placement.(assumimg the railing is installed properly.)
Would *you* climb on that ladder?
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

I'd still tie it off at the bottom, though.
JGH
Jim K wrote:

Leaning to the side could cause one foot of the steps to lift, for one thing. After that anything could happen. I've been using steps and ladders all day and every day since 1970 and take my word for it, what that bloke is doing is very dangerous.
Bill
On 11/05/2013 17:05, Bill Wright wrote:

+1

Not if it's tucked under the railing. That ladder cannot move.
-- Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Savile and could be entitled to 2147 in compensation. Just reply "Hows about that then" to register, or to opt out just reply "Stop Jimmy Stop". Register before the end of the month and get a free "Lawyers 4 U".