Elfin Safety...

I feel sick.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

It is easy to see the non trades type people here. The only thing I see about the arrangement is the total height, which would put some people who did not like heights off.

Reply to
F Murtz

I would be slightly wary of the ladder itself - it looks like a set of steps rather than a ladder in the traditional sense, and hence may not be designed to cope with the sort of bending load being placed on it in that situation. However without seeing the ladder for real its hard to tell.

Reply to
John Rumm

In the grand scheme of things, once you are 30' foot up, the outcome should you fall is much the same, all that changes is the time you get to contemplate your mistake. So in many respects it ought to be no worse than climbing a three section 14 rung ladder from a overall danger point of view... (assuming one ignores the whole level of fitness required thing!)

Reply to
John Rumm

It does - but the ones where people are merrily walking along entirely unprotected girders way up there, they are pretty scare-making as well.

Reply to
polygonum

Are you suggesting that non trades people have more or less common sense?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He belays and puts all his weight on a single rung that's welded at only one end to the tower.

I looked at ill-health insurance for a roofer that excluded accidents when working over 30 ft up. As the insurance paid out a continuous ill-health payment every week, but nothing on death, that seemed counter-productive. Very odd.

Reply to
GB

the only thing I see is the fact that a few inches of slip will result in it going completely rather than just a little. I'd have pushed te ladder a bit trough the railings.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes the iffy bit is getting onto and off the steps with out the feet slipping of that tiny ledge.

+1 Legs of steps through railings, bottom rung against railings.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That makes good logical sense, Mr Spock. But it hasn't stopped my feet tingling.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

On Sat, 11 May 2013 17:05:09 +0100, Bill Wright wrote= :

Not if it's tucked under the railing. That ladder cannot move.

-- =

Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Savile and coul= d be entitled to =A32147 in compensation. Just reply "Hows about that then" to register, or to opt out just reply = "Stop Jimmy Stop". Register before the end of the month and get a free "Lawyers 4 U".

Reply to
Major Scott

Drop a tin of paint on them.

-- =

The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officiou= s idiots.

Reply to
Major Scott

5+ seconds to click and see video on YT, 2.5 hours to get back. It's a love-hate relationship.
Reply to
RayL12

+2 though I'd rope the ladder to the rails, just in case.
Reply to
Steve Eldridge