Electromagnetic Compatibility of Vaillant Ecotec 831?

Reply to
Conduit

That is a very understandable thing to do. Well done, Sir.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You've had ONE sensible response to your plea for help and you hurl unjustified abuse as the responder.

Reply to
Lurker

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Lurker" saying something like:

I fail to see how this does anything but portray *both* Gareth Evans and the Wiltshire Constabulary as a shower of wankers; Evans for being an anti-police mouthy git on the net (maybe with justification, for all I know) and the WC for being a bunch of heavy-handed tossers (no real surprise there, then) who need six blokes to arrest one.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Do you not think they might have been expecting trouble from him and went with that scenario in mind? If not, why were they wasting tax payers money by sending so many officers? In this day of budget cuts they won't send more officers than they think they will require and in this case it appears that he *did* resist arrest, so sending six officers was probably justified.

Reply to
know code

Every policeman in Chippenham knows Evans is trouble and there aren't many that he hasn't made a false complaint against. He earned the kicking and wasn't disappointed. Some locals wanted a whipround to send the local station a crate of beer!

The sooner Evans gets nicked again the better, it is only a question of time.

Reply to
Lurker

For heaven's sake, just ignore the sad man. He revels in the attention you give him, ignore him and you'll starve him.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

The message from "Lurker" contains these words:

He certainly comes across as a nasty little tit.

I wonder how people accquire such awful interpersonal skills in the first place? It could be a deliberate choice, but it's hard to see what's in it for him. More likely is he just doesn't understand how to rub along nicely with other people and expects everything to be perfect around him at all times and sod anyone else. Doesn't answer the question of how he got like that, though.

Reply to
Guy King

There is nothing "gentlemanly" in blatantly ignoring netiquette. There is nothing "potty mouthed" in telling a moron that he is a top-posting moron.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hmmm... it certainly portrays Evans in a bad light, however six to arrest one seems perfectly reasonable. Four is probably the minimum for an arrest where the suspect offers resistance.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reading through the lines these police officers were sent to arrest Mr Evans and to take him down to the police station for questioning and quite probably just a caution. In his own admission he said he had been at his door discussing the matter for, I think it was, 7 minutes before the police forcibly restrained him. Why would they be kept at the door for this amount of time if Mr Evans was co-operating? Why was there a video of the arrest? I would read into it that because of over 60 complaints to and about the local police force they were expecting trouble and knew in all likelihood another complaint would arise from the arrest.

In his own admission he was "flailing around on the floor" trying to prevent his other wrist from being handcuffed. Does this sound like someone who is co-operating?

Why did it take only to the second day to completely clear Sergeant Fuller?

I put it to Mr Evans that he 'belittled and insulted' the officers at the door who, in the end, had no choice but to subdue him. He probably showed the same 'arrogance' and disrespect to the police that he shows in here and other newsgroups.

What would he thought of the police if they backed down and went away? He would call them weak and feeble and he would write another poem about how superior he thinks he is.

I would also suggest he pushed the point of being a Radio Amateur to the press as some sort of "credential" which made him to be some sort of higher being... when all he did was portray his hobby as a breeding ground for socially inept nutters.

73 Graham
Reply to
The Magnum

now there's a valid point...