Electrical box for dry lining with a conduit opening on the bottom?

I'm looking for a 1-gang dry-lining box with a circular knockout on the bottom for a conduit fitting. Does such a thing exist? (Most of them have circular knockouts on the back, I know, but that wouldn't fit where I want to use this.)

Thanks.

Reply to
Adam Funk

For a deep enough one, easy enough to add with a hole saw. Presumably you need metal conduit there because it's outside the permitted zone?

Reply to
newshound

Metal one any good?

Scolmore WA4147 and Scolmore WA4135

Reply to
ARW

This question isn't for mains wiring. We're having some fitted furniture installed next week (similar construction to kitchen units but shallower, in alcoves in the dining room) & the joiner said he can make cut-outs for dry lining boxes when he installs them if the cables are already in place (to go behind the backs of of the units). For the mains sockets, I'll clip cables to the wall & drill through the floor (& seal with expanding foam, of course!), then connect them up in the crawl space afterwards.

But I also want to fit two 1-gang boxes in case I need networking or phone wiring later, so I was going to run 20 mm conduit through the floor to make it easy to draw the cables.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I think you'd be better off just having holes into the void and a draw string(*) rather than restricting things into 20 mm conduit. It'll be a damn sight easier to pull things in through just a couple of holes than through 20 mm conduit, especially once there are other cables in the conduit. It'll be difficult if not impossible to pull around even a swept bend in 20 mm conduit.

Or put the cables (Cat5e will do Gigabit ethernet and phone) in now while you have easy access, cable is cheap even real copper. Don't get CCS (copper clad steel) or CCA (copper clad aluminium).

(*) 2.25 times the length required with each end securely fixed at each access point so you don't "accidentally" remove it when pulling a cable in.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

+1
Reply to
ARW

The units are going to have backs on them, & I was just going to run a straight piece of conduit about 300 mm long from the box down through a hole the floor.

Reply to
Adam Funk