Electric toothbrush recommendations?

And the first time I used one in anger was to mend our old WW2 Ministry of Supply radio, that I remembered from just post-war and had been consigned to the attic when we got a radiogram.

However I needed it to illicitly listen to Radio Luxembourg and Mr Pop-Pickers Top 20 on a Sunday.

Whatever selenium rubbish they'd used to rectify the RF in the set had failed, so I replaced it with an OA81. There was also a disconnected wire going from, IIRC, a tetrode, so I just connected that to the HT. The set worked OK but had a tendency to whistle.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Scott snipped-for-privacy@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote

Its rectified in the device being charged.

Reply to
Tim J

Thanks. That explains it.

Reply to
Scott

My dentist says she has noticed a huge improvement.

Reply to
Scott

The scrubbing action probably will be lost if you press too hard. I think the important thing with an electric toothbrush is to use only light pressure.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

On the subject of chargers, we have a motorhome and, while we generally have access to mains, I?ve been looking for a toothbrush charger that runs from 12V. (I don?t always carry the generator and running it to charge a toothbrush or two is over the top.)

While not 12V powered, I?ve found a couple of USB powered chargers for Braun toothbrushes- on Amazon (about £10) and EBay (about £5). The Amazon one looks all but identical to the mains beast, other than the plug. It only arrived the other day and I?ve not needed to charge a tb yet. Initial checks with an E/H field meter indicate similar readings to a mains one- although the impact of stray fields is wasn?t checked.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Wouldn?t it be way simpler/cheaper just to buy an electric toothbrush that takes AAA batteries for use in the van? Battery life seems pretty good.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1

I use Oral-B's cheapo model powered by two AA cells.which gives me good service and uses the same heads and brushing action as some of the more expensive models. I use 2000mAh rechargeable NiMH batteries and get 2 to

3 weeks out of each charge.

It looks like Oral-B don't like to acknowledge the existence of these in the UK because they don't list them on their website. But they are available from Amazon for £6.99 including a couple of Duracell AA cells.

Mike Clarke

Eneloop/Fujitsu Pros give a month and then I chage them so as not to run them down too far. Due to the state of my teeth it takes around 50s/quadrant, so longer than the standard recommended time.

Reply to
PeterC

You sure you're not overdoing it?

Reply to