How many cubic metres of concrete?

We had four 60x60x6cm holes to fill in to support the new charging posts at a HART ambulance station.
Now I expected to be asked if I still had my cement mixer and told to call in at Jewsons get the bits I needed to fill the holes. A 6 to 1 mix should do it.
Instead office boy orders 3 cubic meters of concrete to be delivered to site.
I call at Jewsons and get 200 rubble sacks for the Russian labourer to fill with unused concrete that was dumped in the car park.
--
Adam

On 08/12/2018 11:11, ARW wrote:

LOL!
On 08/12/2018 11:11, ARW wrote:

Perhaps the office boy was questioning your hole being only 6cm deep?
What was wrong with a dry mix?
Fredxx wrote:

Even if he thought it was four holes @ 60x60x60cm then 1m^3 would have been overkill ...
On 08/12/2018 11:52, Andy Burns wrote:

A five-fold overkill.
Bill
Bill Wright wrote:

I made it about 15% too much
On 08/12/2018 12:29, Andy Burns wrote:

1m^3 would have been OK.
A bit of excess to take away and job done.
--
Adam

Lets be generous... maybe that was a minimum delivered load.

--
Tim Lamb

You forgot there were 3 holes?
--

Roger Hayter

On 08/12/2018 12:46, Roger Hayter wrote:

Doesn't 6 to 1 mix mean 6 parts sand to 1 part concrete.
On 08/12/2018 12:57, Paul Welsh wrote:

6 bags ballast 1 bag cement.
--
Adam

On 08/12/2018 13:10, ARW wrote:

Ok, I guess the 3m^3 concrete consisted of both ballast and cement.
I wasn't sure if the office boy had ordered 3m^3 of just cement.
I probably wouldn't make a good office boy either. ;o)

Nope 6 parts gravel, 1 part cement.
On 08/12/2018 19:18, Rod Speed wrote:

Six parts ballast to one part cement.

It isnt ballast.
On 09/12/2018 00:33, Rod Speed wrote:

Gravel isn't ballast, but it's ballast that's used: a mixture of sand and gravel.

`
wrote:

Plenty of that sort of concrete has gravel, not ballast.
On 09/12/2018 19:04, Rod Speed wrote:

The gravel was in the ballast. Concrete is not gravel + cement.

Wrong, as always.

Never said it was.