How many cubic metres of concrete?

And I don't think you can get readymix in that small amount. You'd need to use the people who mix on site, but that costs more than readymix.

I'd have used many bags of postcrete for the bulk fill and just have a thin cap of proper concrete on top - handmixed, the Russian can cope with that. Just give him some home-brew vodka.

Reply to
Andrew

Office boy has never heard of MixaMate?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Lets be generous... maybe that was a minimum delivered load.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It it were really 60mm wide (or deep!) then standard concrete ballast would be too coarse. You would need specially graded small aggregate and probably reinforcement.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I was pissed

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

well you knew what I meant:-).

It was just a bit odd that I was not asked to do the job or at least organise it. I usually get the jobs that are not 100% electrical because I have the tools and experience to do a lot of them.

Reply to
ARW

If the hole is 0.06 metres deep, I was assuming that the 'posts' actually had a square metal plate on the bottom which would keep the post upright, so all it needs is a cap of concrete for the situation when some drunken russian labourer reverses into one.

Reply to
Andrew

If it's 6cm deep, the post is going to go over if someone pushes it with their little finger.

Reply to
Tim Streater

0.6 * 0.6 * 0.06 = 0.0216 cu m, which is 50 Kilograms.

You'd need a very strong little finger to push that over (not forgetting the adhesion of the concrete to the ground).

Reply to
Andrew

adhesion to soil is near zero. The problem with concrete is lack of tensile strength, so it fails easily if deficient in thickness. 6cm is not generous.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Go look in a burst bag?

Reply to
Jim K..

As it's sunk in the ground you'd need a spade or long bar to lever it up then even I could walk it around like a concrete flag.

Mmm bits of mud & the odd stone? Nah.

Iirc there were some posts being mounted to these pads/ bases? Depending on height & strength they could easily give anyone the leverage they'd need to move the entire "lump"..

Reply to
Jim K..