How many cubic metres of concrete?

On 09/12/2018 23:12, Rod Speed wrote:

It's pantomime season already...
Oh yes you did.
On 08/12/2018 at 19:18, 'Nope 6 parts gravel, 1 part cement'.

We'll see,,,

Says he carefully deleting from the quoting the previous claim that its 6 parts ballast, 1 part cement.
I didn’t bother to nit pick on the fact that there is also some sand.
On 10/12/2018 19:26, Rod Speed wrote:

It was myself who referred to six parts ballast, one part cement. I didn't need to include that to show how you are, as usual, trying to back out of more cobblers you have posted.

The amount of sand in ballast isn't of nit picking proportions.
You're wrong. You've been shown to be wrong. Time to stop embarrassing yourself (again).

Yes, you actually are that pig ignorant.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.
On 08/12/2018 12:46, Roger Hayter wrote:

no, there were in fact four holes.
look exactly the same afterwards."

A 0.6m x 0.6m x 0.6m gives a volume of 0.216m^3
4 holes => 0.86m^3
A 1m^3 load would be more than sufficient.
On 08/12/2018 13:39, Fredxx wrote:

Except it is 0.6m x 0.6m x 0.06m...
--
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

0.06m doesn't sound much good for sticking posts in.
On 08/12/2018 15:01, Paul Welsh wrote:

Well thats what the OP said. Who am I to argue?
On 08/12/2018 15:01, Paul Welsh wrote:

well you knew what I meant:-).
It was just a bit odd that I was not asked to do the job or at least organise it. I usually get the jobs that are not 100% electrical because I have the tools and experience to do a lot of them.
--
Adam

And I don't think you can get readymix in that small amount. You'd need to use the people who mix on site, but that costs more than readymix.
I'd have used many bags of postcrete for the bulk fill and just have a thin cap of proper concrete on top - handmixed, the Russian can cope with that. Just give him some home-brew vodka.

It it were really 60mm wide (or deep!) then standard concrete ballast would be too coarse. You would need specially graded small aggregate and probably reinforcement.
--

Roger Hayter

On 08/12/2018 18:34, Roger Hayter wrote:

If the hole is 0.06 metres deep, I was assuming that the 'posts' actually had a square metal plate on the bottom which would keep the post upright, so all it needs is a cap of concrete for the situation when some drunken russian labourer reverses into one.

If it's 6cm deep, the post is going to go over if someone pushes it with their little finger.
On 11/12/2018 22:20, Tim Streater wrote:

0.6 * 0.6 * 0.06 = 0.0216 cu m, which is 50 Kilograms.
You'd need a very strong little finger to push that over (not forgetting the adhesion of the concrete to the ground).
On Thursday, 13 December 2018 21:18:59 UTC, Andrew wrote:

adhesion to soil is near zero. The problem with concrete is lack of tensile strength, so it fails easily if deficient in thickness. 6cm is not generous.
NT

But will survive pushing with a little finger fine.
On 08/12/2018 12:46, Roger Hayter wrote:

I was pissed
Bill
On 08/12/2018 11:48, Fredxx wrote:

What's wrong with a cement mixer and a hose pipe?
--
Adam

On 08/12/2018 13:12, ARW wrote:

I have to admit the extra effort and time of mixing would be small in comparison to the hole digging. Plus only the amount needed used and the unused bags could be returned.