Electric car.

Reassuring, I'd say. Ain't going to suffer metal fatigue if it is all plastic/carbon fibre. :-)

Who will be writing The Return of No Highway?

Reply to
polygonum

or listen to Green FM...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

and best measured in acres per year

Reply to
charles

how much would taxis be for all this pissing about over 5 years?

but do *you* get stuck in standing city traffic Harry?

er...small?

er... small?

does it hum like a milkfloat?

speedo? you wouldn't break the law would you ?

that would be an understatement then?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Nice toy, wish I had the spare cash to buy one.

Now all you need do is fit a tow bar and buy one of these

to make it useful ;)

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Trouble is, the vehicle is specced at 49 kW so 20kVA is a bit low...

Reply to
polygonum

or get to know someone with one of these ;>)

Jim K

True, but what other unknown failure modes are there going to be? They already use special equipment to check for delamination on composite structures which is invisible to the eye.

I wonder....

I also wonder which plane it will be about.

Reply to
John Williamson

A wind turbine on the roof can generate enough power to drive the car - in fact the faster you go, the more power, therefore the faster ... positive feedback.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Every car I've been in over the past 10 years has been easy to drive.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

En el artículo , John Williamson escribió:

Windshield is reported to have cracked on one. I wondered at the time if it was because of excessive flexing of the structure.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , harry escribió:

You could carry a fire extinguisher with you, except they don't work on lithium ion battery fires :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Heater works fine. But best to pre-heat it whilst it's plugged in on charge..

Reply to
harry

Towing is not recommended. Or charging from a portable generator.

Reply to
harry

That is the max power. But most of the time you use a tenth of that. The traction battery is only 15Kwh.

Reply to
harry

probably depends on which type of fire extinguisher.

Reply to
charles

However, assuming that max. power is used, for example, when accelerating or going uphill, having less than half the power available would reduce performance very significantly. (Even ignoring the fact you are now towing a lump.)

Reply to
polygonum

If you're just using the generator to keep the battery charged, the battery would take up the slack, but 49kW isn't a great dela of power to get what would be a total of a ton and a half up a steep hill.

Reply to
John Williamson

Harry needs one of these

he can fit his solar panels to it.

Reply to
dennis

Catalytic pocket warmers, in a pair of chinos and all over the body warmer. Be a bit bulky, of course. Having suffered in trucks, vans and cars with defective or missing heaters, I've no envy of those who choose to run an electric car in the winter. At least on a bike you're exercising and on a motorcycle you don't notice it too much if you're dressed for it. The odd thing about being in a heaterless car is you really feel it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon