Easiest way to surface mount cables on hard wall

I have never seen any masonry nail that can be hammered into hard brick in a reliable and repeatable fashion.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

+1
Reply to
Fredxx

I have predrilled holes in brick for nails. I've also used copper wire to act as a rawlplug though perhaps not ideal.

Reply to
Fredxx

Your over-sensitivity in this area is noted. The next question why are you over-sensitive, or more likely why are you in denial of this state.

I know I am mad, but not in need of a padded cell. Are you barking?

Reply to
Fredxx

Well there are bricks and there are bricks!

Your average Stock or Fletton is usually ok... but I would not fancy even trying on a decent engineering brick.

Reply to
John Rumm

when surrounded by London yellow stock it's easy to recall that "brick" is not synonymous with "hard brick"

Reply to
Robin

When I ran the garage ring in our new garage I simply ran T&E around the top of the the wall (easy clipping into the wooden wall-plate) dropping down via round upvc conduit to each double socket then back up and on to the next drop all around the garage. On the final leg where there was no extrnal wall or wall plate etc I just clipped it to the underside of the exposed wall-mounted ceiling joist so it was a straight drop down to those sockets.

Round conduit clamps have a single mounting hole which is oval so even if your drill goes off centre there's plenty of adjustment in the clamp to put the conduit back on square.

Tower Round uPVC White Conduit 20mm x 2m (and boxes etc)

Cheers - Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

These are handy. They also work, for vertical runs at least, when the plaster is too soft to retain pins.

Reply to
Roger Hayter