Surface Mount Shower

I need to install a new shower fed from a combi boiler. It needs to be surface mount as the wall it will go on isn't drylined (so no space behind the plaster board) and the room is too small to have a stud wall put in.

Is it possible to get a thermostatic shower where the water feed can be visible e.g. chrome pipe mounted on the wall, or maybe the rail combines the water feed ?

There was one monuted previously (manual mixer), which had two chrome pipes coming up to the valve from the floor, but I can't seem to find one anywhere, plus having two pipes looked a bit iffy imo.

Thanks

San

Reply to
San Connolly

If you have a fair bit of money, then Aqualisa could probably help with their Quartz off-the-wall series.

Reply to
Grumps

Ahh, just been looking at these.

I take it the hot and cold goes to the mixer device *somewhere* and the mixed water is then delivered though the ceiling ?

Reply to
Séan Connolly

Yes. That's how mine works. It also seems to be completely impervious to flushing toilets and other water usage etc, and maintains the set temperature accurately (or maybe that's just due to my expert plumbing ;)

Reply to
Grumps

Where have you got the mixer unit ? I presume there is some electrical connection from there to the shower for the LED. How's that wired in ?

But of course ;-)

Reply to
Séan Connolly

There are loads of places that they say you can put the mixer/pump. I've got mine in the airing cupboard, but it could just as easily go in the loft. There is a low-voltage wire that runs from the control to the pump. The wire runs inside the chrome pipe. The 15mm mixed water pipe also runs inside this chrome pipe. If the run of pipe to the pump/control is long, then you have to wait until this water is flushed out before the temperature is correct. The mixing and temperature monitoring happens at the pump, not at the control dial.

Reply to
Grumps

Thanks for that, gone and ordered one :)

Apparently you can run the water from the bottom as well, which will be better for us I think (less buggering about in the loft is allways welcome)

Reply to
Séan Connolly

Too much buggering about and it won't only be water running from your bottom! ;-) (so I read!)

Reply to
John Rumm