Earthing/grounding mat for bed: Anecdotal experience?

Perhaps he using nylon sheets ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I have (we call them 'journals'). While medicine isn't my field, this kind of study needs a comprehensive methodology to rule out all other causes, which is lacking in this paper.

For example, there are some pictures of feet having different temperature before and after. But that needs a control to account for whether the subject has recently stood up or sat down, because blood flow varies with blood pressure - if the patient has been standing for a while, blood tends to collect towards their feet, which may vary the temperature seen on a thermal camera.

If you say 'we observe X' and 'X is caused by Y' you need some evidence of causation, not just that Y was the first hypothesis you thought of.

Also, I note the declaration:

"Preparation of the manuscript was aided in part by funding from Barefoot Sales Corporation, and the author acknowledges a financial interest in this company."

and I note:

"EarthFx the parent company of Barefoot Sales Corp, DBA Earthing.com holds the following registered patents.

Patent 6683779 - Personal Body Grounding System Patent 7212392 - Personal Body Grounding System Instrumentation and Process Patent 7724491 - Method Of Treating Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases"

and guess what, Earthing.com is selling mattress earthing products.

So the paper is effectively an advert for the author's company.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Nearly all 'scientific papers' are, these days. The amount of ecobollox funded directly and indirectly by renewable energy companies is immense.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quackwatch needs a site called quackwatch-watch. It's bunk.

Reply to
Animal

I heard the following that may be apocryphal but sadly I suspect is not: Block of flats. Electrical earth bonded to the water supply in each flat. Someone in one of the flats replaced part of the water main with plastic pipe. A fault developed in one flat resulting in the water pipe in the flat above becoming live and the bath becoming live.

Reply to
Scott

What leads you to that conclusion?

Reply to
John Rumm

Cold fusion and the recent (bogus) LK99 "room temperature" super conductive material were also published in a "scientific magazines".

The first question would was this just a preview publication or was it in a actual peer reviewed journal?

If the latter what publications have appeared since that cite that paper?

Reply to
John Rumm

FFS just sleep outside. Which is probably what's really good for you, the fresh air.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey