E30 BMW

Hi All, I've managed to snap off my ignition key in my E30 BMW and I've managed to locate a new barrell with the full bracket. Meanwhile, I thought I'd remove my existing bracket, so, removed steering wheel, shrouds, etc and also what looks like a retaining pin with spring and bushes thinking that the bracket would now pull off the steering column. Either I'm not doing something obvious or it may be just an incredibly tight fit, could do with a bit of help... TIA...

Reply to
shotguntony

Dunno your car, but most have some 'thief proof' method of fixing the steering lock assembly. Often shear bolts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try uk.rec.cars.maintenance.

Some experienced people in there.

norm

Bear in mind the telescopic feature. When I had to do a similar job on a Vauxhall I had to undo a clamp at the bottom end and push the column to clear some clamps that were at the top.

Reply to
John