Dyson DC07

Sounds like yours is the atypical 'friday afternoon' one :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

The 'Which' survey of members find it poor for reliability - and you really can't say it's their prejudices in this case. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

They look like they came out of the Teletubbies.

[8 lines snipped]

QED.

After nearly 10 years, our Zebo has the following parts replaced;

Reply to
Huge

I replaced the hose on the girl-friend's DC04 (methinks) . Quite an mystic art to get the bleedin' thing off. New hose was pricey-ish £25+. But girlfriend would not be parted from her DC04 (think those hilarious OMO / Daz two for one adverts of the 1970's)

Reply to
Clive Long,UK

Does your Zebo regularly clean up building rubble/cement dust/plaster dust/have heavy things dropped on it/get dropped itself/fall over though?

More to the point, I've never heard of Zebo and 10 minutes googling has come up with nothing either, Got a link for them? I've found a Zebo that makes industrial drills, another one that I haven't translated but no mention of vacuums and Zebo polish.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Take no notice of him.

Reply to
IMM

Yep. It's the only vacuum cleaner we have. It gets used in the garage all the time.

My mistake. It's "Sebo". Go look at

(They seem to have changed their site to all Flash since I last looked, so I can't look at it any more...)

Reply to
Huge

A man after my own heart. Doesn't know the name of his vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On paper (ok, flash website) it looks like an Oreck XL and OK for medium to heavy domestic chores,, but I don't believe for a minute that it will suck up chunks of plasterwork/nails/wood shards/electrical wiring debris without puncturing the bag? How often do you come across those in hotel rooms apart from when the Strolling Bones have been in town and trashed the place?

One more question - running costs and purchase costs? OK that's 2 questions :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Eep! The X3 is over £300! The rest of 'em are round the DC07 price range if you look, though the only place I found easily that stocked 'em is electricshop.com.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

*grin* Actually, the Vacuum Cleaner Operative is unwell at the moment, so I damn well *should* know what it's called.
Reply to
Huge
[28 lines snipped]

Negligble and not unreasonable.