Screwfix brass dimmers / rating

Anyone know what they`re rated at ? - the 1 gang 1 way georgian in particular - I have 240W of load, but I think some cheap ones are only rated at 200W

Failing that, i`ll just go with tlc-direct :-}

TIA

Reply to
Colin Wilson

According to their printed catalogue they are 250W.

On a related note does anyone know of a make of dimmer that doesn't have that annoying buzz at low settings? I 've even tried potting the coils in silicone of couple we've got, but that had little effect.

Reply to
BillR

Thanks for that, i`ve added it to my order :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

All make a buzz to a greater or lesser extent.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton