Dulux Light and Space

Anyone with experience of Dulux Light and Space paint?

Reply to
JohnP

Yes.

Works, the painted rooms psychologically feel spaced out.

It's very reflective though not shiney, if ye stare at the wall from close - ya eyes don't get much clues (like on plain matt) to focus on.

Dunno what that is, unless I'm also spaced out ...

(had a jab yesterday)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Is this the new name for satin paint ?. will show up all the minute-est defects in your plaster.

Reply to
Andrew

No not new name for satin. I think it must contain mini glass particles. I have painted with a pale pink version and when the sun is on it it is very white, but pink with no direct sunlight on it.

No worse than anything else at showing up imperfections.

Reply to
Chris B

Decorators I spoke to were not fans. Like much retail paint you need to apply a lot of coats (3+), while regular trade has more pigmentation and means you only need 2 coats for coverage.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Not what I found - 2 coats was plenty, but I was covering a light shade with a light shade.

Reply to
Chris B

Chris B snipped-for-privacy@salis.co.uk> wrote in news:s2fron$j62$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Many thanks

Reply to
JohnP

Maybe its slightly day glo? IE certain frequencies of light are enhanced, usually lower ones by absorbing ultra violet and re-emitting it so to speak as visible light so it appears to be brighter than it is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

With respect, its horses for courses surely? It is no doubt OK if you want that semi glo effect. Most of those paints used to be two part, one base coat and a coloured top coat that could turn both the reflected and direct light into a colour, this sounds like the reflective tapes you can buy, which my white cane is covered in like mini cats eyes, ie prismatic or corner cube technology. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I remeeber using such tape on Cinderella's coach in a village panto a great many years ago.

Reply to
charles

Sound like the common 'metallic' on a car. Far more difficult to get a consistent result than a solid colour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

No it's not that. Shining a UV torch at it does not show florescence effects.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

sounds like its 'pearlescent' - has minute reflective particles in it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup.

1930s house. About 6 years ago we completely cleared, ditched wallpaper, plaster skimmed everything, and painted the whole place, using white, slight peach, and slight blue pastel tones.

Then put all the junk back in, and the illusion of extra light and space went....

But initially, it was good :-)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

It is good for reflecting light back into otherwise dimly lit spaces or boosting the available light in a kitchen which is how we used it in our village hall. Rather too expensive for what it is but quite good for painting on a very flat wall you intend to use for projection TV.

Reply to
Martin Brown