Dulux & Dulux Trade paint

So, what's the difference? I'm going to paint over newly plastered walls and ceilings. They are thoroughly dry. The Trade info suggests that you mix it 5:1 with water. The non-trade variety says that you should use a sealer first. Is that a MUST do, or can you still dilute the non-Trade type?

Reply to
Grumps

Trade paint is better quality, has superior coverage and goes further. Which is just what the trade want for a quicker better quality job.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Well, I've yet to meet a tradesperson that wants to produce a better quality job! That aside, if the trade paint has a better coverage (and Dulux trade does), does that mean it is just thinner than the non-trade stuff? Now I don't know whether I should use my non-trade 10l pot, or replace with trade paint. The 10l pot was £12.

Reply to
Grumps

I would use what you have - watered down for the first coat.

Reply to
John Rumm

I suspect the difference is that they expect trade users to know how to dilute paint. It is simpler (and probably more profitable) to sell retail users something they can use straight out of the can.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I suspect you may be right. Can Dulux (or any other brand) primer/sealer simply be diluted emulsion ?!

Reply to
Grumps