Dulux Decorator Centres - 25% off tomorrow and Saturday

As per title - just in case anyone needs some decorating bits and pieces.

Reply to
DavidM

In article , DavidM writes

Just had a look at the headline prices and they are absolutely shocking.

Using 5l white acrylic eggshell as a comparison:

Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell Pure Brilliant White 5l £59.35

Dulux Trade Ecosure Quick Drying Eggshell Pure Brilliant White 5l £54.02

cf:

Johnstones acrylic eggshell Pure Brilliant White 5l £44.28

Leyland acrylic eggshell Pure Brilliant White 5l £37.62

So it looks like 25% off at Dulux is equivalent to standard prices at Johnstones/Leyland.

I'm using this as a comparison as I am just about to buy 10l of this and my (v friendly) local Johnstones/Leyland trade counter was prepared to make a further hefty discount from the shelf price based on an online comparison I made to them, highly recommended.

(Not meaning to shoot the messenger btw)

Reply to
fred

:) see ya down by the old coral at sundown :)

The Dulux Diamond and Ecosure products have always seemed (very) overly expensive to me, I normally use their regular trade paints. Not familiar enough with Johnstone/Leyland products to know if they are a fair comparison.

Reply to
DavidM

I suppose the Dulux Diamond and Ecosure are premium products. When I worked at Crown we regarded Johnstone/Leyland as the lower end of the market with products comparable to our Brloac/Macpherson ranges.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

In article , DavidM writes

Soz, not a deliberate mis-comparison, but they are the only eggshell products that are available on their online sales site (and now in product descriptions at ICI).

A few sites are showing "Dulux Trade Professional Quick Dry Eggshell" but I've a feeling that it is being replaced (rebranded?) by Ecosure. Couldn't find any 5l tins but 2.5l were 27quid a pop so a bit steep.

From the Johnstones/Leyland stable, Johnstones is the premium brand and Leyland is second line. I've used both to good effect but have gone Leyland this time as I didn't think the additional cost is justified.

I'd like to try Permoglaze acrylic eggshell but it is a bit pricey.

Peter will be glad to hear that the emulsion will be Crown :-), couldn't resist 10l tubs going for 10quid a pop at B&Q a while back so got 6.

Reply to
fred

Ah, but Crown at B&Q isn't usually the same as Crown at a Crown Decorator Centre, especially when it's that cheap. Don't be surprised if it doesn't cover too well.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Thanks for the info, no surprise I suppose. We'll see how this lot goes, it's not at my place and is being done by a decorator on a homer so we'll see what he thinks of it. It's nice to be able to test all these products on someone else's property before doing my own.

Reply to
fred