Dual flush valve playing up

Hi all, I have a toilet with 2 push buttons on the lid of the cistern. I'm finding that on most occasions, as the cistern starts to refill after use, water will keep flowing into the toilet bowl until one of the push buttons is depressed a couple of extra times, which seems to reseat part of the internal mechanism. I can't see from looking at the innards where the problem is. It's not the overflow because it happens immediately the cistern begins to refill. Can anyone please tell me how to adjust this so it will work properly?

Reply to
Geoff Mills

Had the same problem, if it is a valve type rather than syphon then most likely the valve seal has gone. Just whip it out have a look and get a new one.

Reply to
visionset

Thanks for the tip. I did what you suggested and now it works fine.

Reply to
Geoff Mills